Interested in becoming a better bicyclist?
Want to supplement your fitness routine with spinning and biking?
Want to achieve a great physical fitness goal while making
positive, supportive friendships?
Women On Wheels of the North Country could be for you!!!
Women on Wheels is designed to improve women’s biking skills and endurance while making and maintaining supportive friendships and ultimately completing the CVPH Mayor’s Cup 20-, 50- or 70-mile rides.
Whether you’re a seasoned rider or new to biking, join W.O.W. to improve your riding and endurance.
- Spinning Classes: During the winter months, participants will spin at the gym of their choice or at home. Participating gyms (currently the City of Plattsburgh Rec Center, Eclipse, the Wellness Center, and the YMCA) will host ‘Intro to Spinning’ classes in mid-February to kick off the program.
- Tracking and Recognizing Progress: Women On Wheels will use the Map My Ride app as a vehicle to track and encourage spinning and other workouts. (Training on how to use this app will be provided.) W.O.W. will recognize top spinners at monthly meetings.
- Monthly Learning & Recognition: W.O.W. will host monthly meetings where information will be presented on biking-related topics such as ‘Nutrition for One-, Two- and Three-hour Rides,’ ‘Workouts & Stretching to Supplement Your Biking,’ and ‘Understanding & Selecting the Best Bike For You.’
- Physical Assessment: W.O.W. will provide participants with the opportunity have a light, non-medical physical assessment done. Measurements such as resting and recovering heart rate, and body fat percentage will be measured. Participants can have these voluntary assessments done when they start the program and shortly before the Mayor’s Cup Ride to show progress.
- Riding in the Spring: When the weather allows, participants will have the opportunity to ride outside with groups of similar abilities. W.O.W. will host women-only rides and participants can also ride with Adirondack Cycling. (Membership in Adirondack Cycling ‘Team’ is included in the program fee.)
- Pre-Ride Dinner: Participants will have the opportunity to attend a pre-ride dinner.
- Program Fee: The program fee is $39.00 and includes all of the above. (It does not include the Mayor’s Cup Ride fee of $40.)
Women On Wheels (W.O.W.) is sponsored by Adirondack Cycling and Maui North Ski, Bike & Board Co.
To participate complete and return to Maui North, the attached Information Sheet and plan to attend the Kick-Off session on Wednesday, February 11th at 6 pm at the Wellness Center.
Questions? Please call or email Kim Manion, President – Adirondack Cycling and Co-Owner – Maui North, at 518-563-7245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for Women on Wheels…Click below: